If you are an expat living in India we are here to help with your financial planning.
Cross-border financial planning is important for several reasons:
1. Tax Efficiency: When individuals have assets and investments across multiple countries, it becomes essential to understand the tax implications of these investments. Tax laws vary across borders, and planning your finances with the help of a professional can help ensure that you minimise your tax liabilities and make the most of tax-efficient investment strategies.
2. Currency Management: When you have assets and liabilities in different currencies, it can be challenging to manage foreign exchange risk. Proper cross-border financial planning can help you develop strategies to manage currency fluctuations and protect your assets from currency risk.
3. Legal and Regulatory Compliance: Different countries have different legal and regulatory requirements for financial transactions. Cross-border financial planning can help you ensure that your financial activities are compliant with the laws and regulations of the countries in which you operate.
4. Asset Protection: Proper cross-border financial planning can help you protect your assets from legal and financial risks that may arise in different countries. This includes developing strategies to protect your assets from creditors, litigants, and other potential threats.
5. Retirement Planning: If you plan to retire in a different country, cross-border financial planning can help you develop a comprehensive retirement plan that takes into account the tax implications, currency management, and legal and regulatory requirements of your retirement destination.
Overall, cross-border financial planning can help you make the most of your global financial assets while minimising your risks and ensuring compliance with local laws and regulations.
Ranjit Atwal is from the UK, a qualified adviser based in New Delhi who has been advising expats throughout Asia with their financial planning for the last 25 years.
Financial Advice and Financial Advisors in New Delhi & Mumbai
Financial Advice / Advisors in India & Financial Advice / Advisors in Asia with a focus on Expat Financial Advice / Advisors.
Other areas are, International Financial Planner as well as Cross-border Financial Planning.
As well as Global Financial Advice with Advisors world-wide through our team of international partners that offer:
Offshore investment advisor
International tax planning
Retirement planning for expats
Expat investment management
International estate planning
Legal and regulatory compliance for expats
Asset protection for expats
Foreign exchange risk management